A unique guide to one of Poland's most vibrant cultural centers, with more than one thousand years of history. Features tours of the spiritual heart of Poland to locations such as St. Mary's Basilica and the Wawel Cathedral.
Details visits to the Sukiennice Cloth Hall, once a major center of international trade; the gothic Wawel Castle, the National Art Museum; the Zygmunt bell, cast in 1520; St. Florian's Gate, the gothic focal point of Krakow's Old Town; and the Barbican, one of the few remaining defensive barriers. Covers outdoor areas such as Vistula waterfront, Planty, Salwator & Zwierzyniec and Las Wolski, and trips to Auschwitz, Ojcow, and Zakopane
- The best of Krakow in one, two, or three days
- Thematic tours for every interest, schedule, and taste
- Hundreds of evocative photos
- Bulleted maps that show you how to go from place to place
- Hotels, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife for all budgets
- A tear-resistant foldout map—enclosed in a handy plastic wallet you can also use for tickets and souvenirs